Saturday, September 12, 2026

627 ~ Sakanomori Inari Yashiro

 


Japanese Name: 坂之森稲荷社
Romanized Reading: Sakanomori Inari Yashiro
English Translation: Forest of the Slope Inari Shrine
Size: Small Side Shrine of Kamizaebisu Shrine
Deity: Inari
Fox Count:
 27
First Visit:
 15-Sep-2023  
Location: Ise
Address:
 12 Yōkaichibachō, Ise, Mie 516-0076
Coordinates:
 34.4903,136.6985

The first fox shrine that I should find on my second day in Ise. This time I'm exploring on my own, and since yesterday took me east and south, today I'm heading west and north.

This one is a side shrine of Kamiza Ebisu Jinja (上座蛭子神社 "Seat of Honor Ebisu Shrine"). It is watched over by a pair of life-sized stone foxes, and inside sit another 25 porcelain foxes ranging from tiny to small. There's 13 foxes to the right, but only 12 to the left. I wonder if there's a story behind that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

627 ~ Sakanomori Inari Yashiro

  Japanese Name : 坂之森稲荷社 Romanized Reading : Sakanomori Inari Yashiro English Tr...