Wednesday, December 6, 2023

47 GOLDEN ~ Anamori Inari Jinja

 

Japanese Name:  穴守稲荷神社
English Reading: Anamori Inari Jinja
English Translation: Cave Protector Inari Shrine
Size: Big
Deity: Inari
Fox Count: 3
First Visit: 1-Apr-2018
Location: Tokyo-Ota
Address: 5 Chome-2-7 Haneda, Ota City, Tokyo 144-0043

This is it. My first Golden Fox Shrine, and consequently the one that I should imprint on. If you ever visit Tokyo, I recommend this one as a must-see location, especially if you like foxes. It's not that the main shrine itself has many foxes (it has only a pair, with the one on the right featuring a kit, bringing the vixen side count to 1:10), but it has SO MANY little side shrines, all of which feature foxes, some of so many that I can't get an accurate count. So make yourself comfortable, because we're gonna be at this one for a while.

So locally prominent is this Shrine, in fact, that the closest train station is called Anamori Inari Station and features a cute fox statue of its own, which is cutely called Kon-Chan.

Also, the station itself already features a Torii, and a store across sells Lucky Fox Happy Haneda Pudding (which is more a for-show thing, because I sampled it and it's actually not that great).

Consequentially, this should become my favorite Shrine in all of Japan, and I would return to it repeatedly. By now, I must have visited it at lest 5 times in 3 different years, and between those years I should also observe quite drastic changes to this shrine. I'll also cover them here when it fits chronologically, so it might be a while. Next up now are the many, many very vulpine side shrines of Anamori Inari Jinja.


No comments:

Post a Comment

154 ~ Taiheizan Miyoshi Jinja

  Japanese Name :  太平山三吉神社 Romanized Reading : Murasaki Jinja English Translation : Purple Shrine Size : Small Ruined Side Shrine of Inari D...