Saturday, October 7, 2023

10 ~ Toyokawa Inari

Japanese Name: 豊川稲荷
English Reading: Toyokawa Inari
English Translation: Bountiful River Inari
Size: Small
Deity: Inari
Fox Count: 2
First Visit: 24-Feb-2018
Location: Tokyo-Chuuou
Coordinates: 35.6908645,139.7726817


This Shrine is special and meaningful, though at the time when I visited it, I had no idea. For starters, it does not have the typical "Jinja" (神社 "Shrine") in its name that all Shrines up until now featured, and there's a reason for that too. However, I should not actually realize as much until by sheer happenstance (or maybe Inari's guiding hand) I came across the actual Toyokawa Inari almost a full year later. I'll tell you more about it when I get to that. And until then, let it just be said that this is a small "Branch Shrine" of a Shrine that is much, much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

144 ~ Nameless Shrine

  Japanese Name :  ? Romanized Reading : ? English Translation : Size : Tiny Deity : Inari? Fox Count : 2 First Visit : 8-May-2018 Location ...