Friday, October 6, 2023

9 ~ Ryousha Inari Jinja

 

Japanese Name: 両社稲荷神社
English Reading: Ryousha Inari Jinja
English Translation: Both Companies Inari Shrine
Size: Tiny
Deity: Inari
Fox Count: 4
First Visit: 24-Feb-2018
Location: Tokyo-Chuuou
Coordinates: 35.6903455,139.7734732

With both work and Japanese lessons keeping me busy around this time, it was over a week before I could go out and search for shrines again. When I did, the first fox shrine I came across was this tiny shrine standing between two tall buildings in the heart of Tokyo. I wonder if these two buildings contain (or contained) the two companies after which it is named. There's a plaque nearby explaining its history, but even today my Japanese is still not good enough that I could translate it in a timely fashion. But if you Japanese is better than mine, then here's a link to a high-res image of the plaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

154 ~ Taiheizan Miyoshi Jinja

  Japanese Name :  太平山三吉神社 Romanized Reading : Murasaki Jinja English Translation : Purple Shrine Size : Small Ruined Side Shrine of Inari D...